Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pinecrest and Playing with Light

It has been a few weeks since I attended a photgraphy workshop hosted by my sweet friend Amber. Since then, I've had the opportunity to play around with my camera trying to put to good use and practice the lessons that I learned. My camera has accompanied me to places like Lake Tahoe and Pinecrest. I've taken pictues in those places that were fun and creative. A few to be viewed here but the ones that I've had the most fun with were taken right here in my little bedroom just tonight.

So allow me to introduce you to my oh so handy dandy model:
My Scentsy Plug In!

I had the most fun trying to figure out ways to be creative with angles and light and this is what I ended up with:











Monday was the start of the new school year. As a way to care for my emotional well-being, I decided to get out of dodge for the day. I tried and tried to get friends from church to go with me but for one reason or another, they were unable. I was disappointed but God in his goodness made sure that I did not spend the day alone. Julie, my long time friend from childhood and early church days, was able to go with me up the hill and we had the best of times relaxing. We arrived and got lunch ready and sat for a bit. Then we headed into the lake. IT WAS COLD! And of course, I had the floaty that required me to be at least half way submerged in the water. Julie was sitting like a princess in her pink gigantic floaty that kept her completely above the water! To get over my half cold, half warm self, I dediced to ditch the float and swim out to the bouy's. Let me just say that I needed to get out of the water and into the sun for a warm up after that. It was divine though! I was able to talk to God about the state of my heart while floating on the lake looking at the blue sky and pine trees. Such sweetness for my soul.

Here are a few pics from pinecrest:








2 comments:

The Grover's said...

Bethany,
Sweet friend. I can see such growth in your photography. Isn't it fun to just play around and learn. I love the images of the night light. Your mind is "seeing the light!"
I would love to get together again.
Big hugs
Amber

Anonymous said...

Your blog is awesome and so is your photography! I didn't know you were so interested in it... Good job... Jessica Selkow