Last week my church had our version of VBS called Kids Campus. It was my first time serving in this type of activity. I must say, it was so much fun! I was reminded yet again, that God has placed a deep love in my heart for children. When I became a Christian, that love grew to deeply desiring to see children learn about God.
This week was something that filled me with so much joy. It was a perfect way to uplift my spirit, give me purpose, and fill my heart with happiness.
The week was not easy...it was quite challenging. But God worked in a mighty way over the course of the week not only in my group, but in me, and in the other 400 plus kids and staff who were on our campus.
My top 10 favorites of Kids Campus at Big Valley Grace:
1. Hearing the angelic voices of over 300 children singing praises to God.
2. My kiddos wanting to sit next to me during chapel, lunch, quiet time, craft time, etc…they just always wanted to be near me.
3. Freeness of spirit that you see in children.
4. How they worship without any thought to how they appear…true worship from the heart.
5. The servant hearts of the junior high and high school students who helped out.
6. Serving with and getting to know my two eighth graders who assisted with the group. They learned so much too!
7. Recreation time!!!! It was CRAZY FUN!
8. Being able to serve my little ones in a tangible way such as making sure they had enough food during lunch. We got to eat family style with me being responsible for serving them.
9. Hearing my 2nd graders pray to our God.
10. Closing chapel when the sanctuary was quiet, low lit, and the cross was in the center of the stage…sitting next to Cauvion (say-v-on) and him asking who the man on the screen was. When I said “Jesus”, he got excited and said, “that’s Jesus?!”. Sweet to see this very distractable little boy quiet himself long enough to think about Jesus!
I can't wait for next year!