Sunday, May 31, 2009

One Year Ago Today.....

One year ago today my Tio Juan went to be with the Lord. It has been a very difficult year for my family as the loss of my uncle was very sudden. Today we gathered at my mom and dad's house for a potluck/bbq in honor of my uncle.



My Tio Juan age: 6


This is the Tio Juan that I remember....always smiling and saying "Mija, here's some money, go buy yourself a hamburger". The last time I saw him, he did just this. We were in Walgreen's both shopping for cold medicine...he bought mine and gave me the extra 20.00 for hamburgers for Marissa and I. This man along with my Tio Jr. was one of the most giving people I've ever known.
In honor of my Tio Juan's memory, my family decided to plant a tree. Here is my Tio Jr, Jesse, and my brother Marc preparing the hole for the tree.
Tio Jr. filling the area with dirt....it was a bittersweet event to witness.
Thank you Lord for my family...thank you that your hand of peace was upon our hearts today. You are the only one who will continually get us through each day. Please continue to provide my family with your peace as we learn to adjust to life without a very vital member of our family.
I love you Lord and I trust you to bring us to the other side of our grief.

1 comment:

katiegfromtennessee said...

I like your willow tree angels, and your tribute to your uncle is touching...God is our comfort:)

katiegfromtennessee