I can't believe that I am near my mid 30's. Where has the time gone?
I feel like it was just yesterday that I was celebrating the accomplishment of getting my license. Then it was the excitement of graduating high school and the start of college life.
College graduation came much later than I had planned for my life, but was in perfect time with God's blueprint. The start of my career came shortly after, followed by the addition of new family and nephews and a niece..and that is where I've been ever since.
There are some things that I thought I'd have as a part of my life by this birthday like a husband and children but that is not to be. I don't know why God's plan for my life has not included a husband and a child but I've come to understand that His plans are not my plans and His will is not always what my heart desires.
But no matter what, He is ALWAYS faithful and just. And He desires good for me.
This is a hard, hard, lesson.
I don't get it....I want to accept it, but that is a work in progress.
So today, on my 34th birthday, I choose to celebrate the wonderful things and ways that God has blessed my life and focus on His amazing work in me and through me.
To Him be all glory!!!!!
What I am thankful for in 34 little ways:
- My blessed life in Christ
- My family
- Cole, Evan, Isaac, and Kensley
- My incredible friends
- My awesome church (Big Valley Grace in Modesto :))
- My car that weekly gets me to my amazing church
- My health (especially in light of expose to H1N1 recently)
- My career
- My co-workers who've become friends
- My curly hair
- Products that actually work in my curly hair!
- My cats
- My home
- My love for all things sweet tasting :)
- My freedom
- My fuzzy robe
- My turbie twist
- My monkey slippers
- My dentist (seriously...he is a blessing to me because I've been in need of so much work)
- My students
- My love of books and the resources to attain them....
- My comfy bed and down blanket
- My travel coffee mug...little things warm the heart in the coldness of winter.
- Chai tea latte at Starbucks
- Starbucks itself!
- God's protection over me
- My new budget (working on the thankful aspect here!...it will come in full soon!)
- True unconditional love
- Music that blesses my soul
- Words from the mouth of a child who was never expected to speak
- Resources enough to keep me fed, clothed, and sheltered each and every day
- The difficult things that enter the landscape of my life...because they lead me to the arms of my Savior.
- ANOTHER YEAR OF LIFE...MAY I LIVE IT ABUNDANTLY!